Hackathon 2020 – Estee Advisors
Applying AI and Machine Learning techniques to predict financial markets is rapidly gaining prominence. Correctly applying the technology and data-science techniques in financial markets is a challenge since they are not entirely predictable and this competition will test the same. To get started please go through the below instructions:
• You are provided with Training and Testing data as csv files.
• Both the files contains timestamp, dependent variable (return) and few independent variables.
• You need to create and test your model using concepts of Machine Learning, Data Science and Statistics which will predict the return for testing data provided.
• You are required to submit your result in suggested format before 29 Nov 2020 21:00:00 on kaggle. However, students would still be able to submit their results (via email) to email@example.com till 30-Nov-2020 9:00:00 in case there are any last minute improvements in their code.
• Winners will be announced on 30 Nov 2020 .Campus Winners will get a chance for PPI with Estee advisors (where ever applicable according to campus placement policy) and Participants will receive goodies on behalf of Estee Advisors Pvt. Ltd.
- Data: You are provided with TrainingData.csv and TestingData.csv as training and testing data. Training data contains Timestamp, Dependent variable and few independent variable .Testing data contains only Timestamp and Independent variables. You are also given a SampleSubmission.csv which has to be used as the format to submit your results.
- Goal: Your aim is to use Machine Learning, Data Science and Statistics to best fit a model which will generate a trading signal (return), you will need to train and test your model using training and testing data.
- Evaluation: The evaluation metric for this competition is Root Mean Square Error (RMSE). RMSE represents the square root of quadratic mean of differences between predicted values and observed values.
Registration link: https://forms.gle/AF23rB3HhPVNKPWR7
Kaggle Link: https://www.kaggle.com/t/2ddc9a2df7e64aa0896bf9ddea8ef42e
Prize Money for the competition :
- 1st - 1,00,000 INR,
- 2nd - 50,000 INR,
- 3rd - 25,000 INR.
Deadline : 29 Nov 2020 21:00:00. For any queries contact Support Team
Estee is a pioneer in building algorithmic investment products with a strong track record in Asset Management, Proprietary Trading, and Execution Services. Estee is an active participant in major Indian exchanges and trades international venues through its US affiliate, Estee Capital LLC. Estee is on the lookout for bright and hardworking graduates or students currently in their final year of study, to start as strategy and algorithm developers in autumn 2021. In our intensive training program by our experienced traders, would learn about financial markets and hone your quantitative modelling skills. As soon as you demonstrate the required ability, you would start to develop new technology for the company, implement cutting edge algorithms in these markets and manage your own books, typically within 3 months.
Careers with Estee
Estee maintains its edge by hiring exceptional talent and encouraging free sharing of new ideas across disciplines and teams:
- Attention Investor :
Prevent unauthorized transactions in your account >Update your mobile numbers/email IDs with your stock brokers. Receive information of your transactions directly from Exchange on your mobile /email at the end of the day- Issued in the interest of Investors.
- Prevent unauthorized transactions in your Demat account > update your mobile numbers / email ids with your Depository Participant. Receive alerts on your Registered mobile for all debit and other important transactions in your Demat Account directly from Depository on the same day.
- No need to issue cheques by investors while subscribing to IPO. Just write the bank account number and sign in the application form to authorize your bank to make payment in case of allotment. No worries for refund as the money remains in investor’s account.